Just to let you know that courtesy of the Regional Studies Association bursaries are available to attend the Creative Regions Summer School 2013 to be hosted by Cardiff School of Management at Cardiff Metropolitan University, UK, during the week of June 24th – 28th 2013 – Click here for details.
The Creative Regions Summer School is an exciting week of intense learning for postgraduate students, practitioners and policy makers interested in engaging with the current debates and research surrounding the role of the creative economy in local and regional development.
Key themes that will be explored during the Summer School are as follows:
- Understanding creative people, creative work and creative skills
- Mapping and analysing the creative economy
- Innovation and entrepreneurship in the creative industries
- Creative clusters and networks
- Urban regeneration and the creative economy
- Creative class and regional economic development
- Policy perspectives: international, national, regional and local
- Higher Education, creative graduates and the creative economy
- Practical examples and site visits
Please see http://www.creative-regions.org.uk/ for further details and preliminary programme. Residential, non residential and day rates are available, register online at http://www.creative-regions.org.uk/fees–registration.html
Please forward on to anyone who may be interested in attending. Download event flyer here.
Looking forward to seeing you in Cardiff!
Nick, Roberta and Caroline
Dr. Nick Clifton, Cardiff School of Management, Cardiff Metropolitan University
Dr. Roberta Comunian, Kings College, London
Dr. Caroline Chapain, Centre for Urban and Regional Studies, University of Birmingham
Creative Industries in Europe is a Regional Studies Association Research Network
More information: www.creative-regions.eu
Join our Facebook group to keep informed !